Monday, November 23, 2009

One Year Later

 
Posted by Picasa

It has been almost exactly 1 year since the kids and I moved from our family home. We have settled somewhat in our new place, with most walls having been painted and most floors being covered. It seemed Will and I would be "seperated" indefinitely. There had been no progress on our divorce as neither of us had attorneys anymore. Well last Friday our 'dissolution' (fancy legal term for divorce) was scheduled for actual trial. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got there and I will spare sharing all the ghory details for now. The short version is that I arrived at the courthouse married and left there "DIVORCED." What a hideous word. What a hideous place. What a hideous thing that has broken up our family. I did have hope over the past year that we could work things out. Unfortunately, he never wavered, never showed any interest. Its funny that he acts like he hardly knows me. I guess thats where you go when you are divorced. You become strangers with the person whom you've shared everything and all of yourself with for the past 20 years. How did we get to this place? That's too long a story to even try to summarize here. I just have to look forward and keep my eyes on God. Our time here on this earth is really so very short. I hope there will be peace in my heart again someday and in Will's. I hope he finds in life what he's looking for.

2 comments:

Dianne Rene'e said...

Hi Michelle. I know your pain. I have been standing for marriage restoration for myself and for families all over the world for 1 year and 4 months. God can move mountains and I will pray for your family and for your husband as well. Please keep in touch with my blog

said...

GIANT hugs for you. Keeping your eyes on God is exactly what you should do.